The Vidyalaya had its humble beginning with a student strength of 174 in a small rented building in 1977, grown today into Junior College with classes upto XII with a student strength of about 3320. The Vidyalaya has a modern building complex, complete with huge auditorium, indoor auditorium, prayer hall, computer center, junior computer lab, multimedia room, two-tier library hall, well equipped Science and Maths laboratories, a Gymnasium and a colourful children’s corner. Our vidyalaya campus is chaste and lovely with several play fields to conduct almost all games.
Smt. Narbada Devi J. Agarwal Vivekananda Vidyalaya Junior College, fourth unit of Vivekananda Educational Society is a unique institution imparting Man-Making Education to children. It seeks excellence in the sacred field of learning and fulfils a long felt need to provide culturally oriented quality education with effective emphasis on the eternal moral value enshrined in our hoary tradition and culture.
Talented and knowledgeable students of both X and XII standards of ours have achieved hundred percent results in CBSE board exams with All India and State level ranks in aggregate and most of them are pursuing their prestigious professional courses such as Medicine, Engineering, etc. Some students have already become Doctors, Engineers, Technologists and Technocrats. They will shine as the most potent force in the society and hold the reins of the country in future.
A sophisticated computer center with several systems under LAN and Multimedia environment caters to the needs of the students from III Std. The vidyalaya, no doubt, is reaching the pinnacle of glory in all respects through its selfless and dedicated service.
Service Activities And Community Services
- Blood donation camp is being conducted regularly with the help of parents and public. So far 350 members have enlisted their names and donated blood. Still many teachers and parents come forward to donate, if emergency arises.
- We have Janani Kalvi Nilayam – free study centre for the students of Corporation / Government schools. Some of our teachers, parents, Alumni involved in it, give free education to the most needy.
- One of our Alumni Sri. Sanjay Kumar Mehta, Mehta Jewellers contributed Rs.1lakh towards our school endowment fund.
- Sri. Venkatesan, Retired Head master, Government school contributed Rs.1lakh towards our school endowment fund.
- Spoken English Inservice Training Programme 2012-13 was inaugurated by Sri.L.Ramamurthy Additional Secretary, VES. It was insisted that this constant book reading should be there.
- Surya namaskar Yagna is performed during Ratha Sapthami day, every year. Many parents and public too attend the same.
- Gomatha pooja was performed in the year 2009. Nearly 200 parents participated in the Pooja. In connection with the pooja we conducted Science Exhibition for two days.
- On the eve of Diwali, students, parents and teachers contribute their best in providing clothes, sweets, crackers to the students of orphanage and poor families. This programme is entitled SNEHA MILAN
- We extend our helping hand in providing clothes, food, other essential commodities to the affected people of manmade and natural disaster like Tsunami, Flood, Fire Accident etc. regularly.
- To strengthen our fraternity and to guide the students in right path, we visit the government orphanage centre; Waltax Road, to celebrate Raksha Bandhan and conduct counselling programme to the students of X and XII. We bless them and provide them with study material for the forthcoming exams.
- Hindu festivals like Vinayagar Chathurthi, Navarathri, Karthigai Deepam, Kuthuvilakku Pooja, Pongal etc are celebrated in a grand manner to inculcate the spiritual knowledge to the students. These festivals are celebrated with co-operation of parents and well wishers in order to develop the sense of piety devotion, spirituality etc., All National festivals are celebrated with great patriotic fervour. It is noteworthy to mention that our school has adopted Captain Manoj Kumar Pandey and Major Somnath Sharma, awardees of Param Veer Chakra as our hero in our Independence day / Republic day celebrations.
- In order to make the students aware of traditional music and instruments we give band/Ghosh training.
- The Bharat Scouts & Guides was introduced and inaugurated in our school on 26.01.2012. 64 students enrolled themselves.
- We celebrate Guru Pooja and Raksha Bandhan for students & teachers and offer Guru Dakshina.
- Vidya Pravesh, a unique programme specially for the students of VI, in order to make them grow with intensity and responsibility towards their education is conducted every year.
- Thematic KG Day celebration is an annual feature of our school. All LKG, UKG students will participate. A Colourful Bonanza by our KG tiny tots is exhibited.
- We conduct free Spoken Sanskrit classes for parents in the last week of every month.
- Residential camp ‘DEEKSHA” is organized for the students of X std every academic year.
- We provide merit scholarships to the needy students who perform well in education.
- We conduct eye screening test and general health check up for both parents and students.
- Two teachers are deputed to visit Daya sadan – an institution for poor children, on every Saturday to give them moral education, teach yoga and bhajans.
- Teachers regularly attend the Seva Bharathy workshops (Nalaya Bharatham) and conduct moral instruction classes, Vilakku Pooja etc., in slum areas.
- To teach students Ahimsa (non-violence), we involve our children in Karuna Club activities through competitions and they are taught to adopt vegetarianism.
- The summer camp is conducted by our vidyalaya every year during summer vacation. We conduct programmes like games, sports, Vocal music, spoken English, Fundamental of Hindi, Art & crafts and Drawing.
- Aditya Hridayam, Hanumanth Chalisa , Vinayagar Agaval are recited in the morning hours by our students before prayer assembly.
- To enrich our Bharateeya Culture through learning our students take up the examination “Samskrithi Gnana Pariksha” of Vidya Bharathi. Toppers of the same are awarded prizes.
- Our school has been actively participating in the competitions conducted by Hindu Spiritual Fair since last 3 years.
- To propagate the sayings, Values and Morals of Swami Vivekananda, we celebrate Vivekananda Jayanthi in a grand manner every year. We conduct inter-school competitions and prizes are distributed.
- Tamilnadu Science Forum approached us to render public view of total solar eclipse. Hundreds of parents and local people had fantastic view of the eclipse.
- Thematic Navarathri Kolu–9 day festival is celebrated in a grand manner. Students present cultural programmes and parents participate. In 2013 the theme was life and legacy of Swami Vivekananda.
- Our school was the venue for VES Science Exhibition Vigyana Pradarshini 2012-13 for two levels IX & X (Kishore) and XI &XII(Tarun) conducted on 24th and 25th November 2012. Inauguration was on 24.11.12 and Valedictory on 25.11.12. Our school won I prize in Tarun level. Our Alumni donated Rs.20,500/- towards school exhibition.
- Parents Cultural Show, an opportunity for parents to exhibit their inner talent is conducted every year. This year parents rendered various cultural items like skit on the life incident of Swami Vivekananda, group dance on spirituality, love of God and Patriotism and a drama on social well being.
- VI – XII standard students participate in Swami Vivekananda Painting Competition conducted by Ramakrishna Matt every year. This year students from III – XII participated in reciting the sayings of Swami Vivekananda. Two students from each level were given prizes.
- Our school students performed Bhajans during 107th Annual day celebrations of Ramakrishna Matt School, Mint. They were honoured.
- Our Vidyalaya organises Music Festival for 12 days from 1st January every year jointly with Hindu Samaya Mandram. The special feature of III year Music Festival is pre-primary tiny-tots presented a cultural programme on all 12 days which was witnessed by hundreds of parents.
- Special Guidance and Counselling Program for students of XI and XII is organized every year through eminent personalities.
- Smt. Soshina, Counsellor, VES does counseling to students and parents on regular basis.
- As a part of Samskara Kendra Activity, Vishnu Sahasranama Parayanam is recited at Sakthidam Temple by students and parents on last Saturdays of every month.
- We conduct Sevika Samithi twice in a month. Bhajan songs, art, craft and drawing are taught by the parents and teachers.
- ? It is decided to celebrate 150th Birth Anniversary of Swami Vivekananda in a grand and unique manner by conducting inter school competitions, organizing rally, involving parents and students to perform special pooja at their residence, by presenting cultural programmes on the life and legacy of Swamiji at 12 city schools on his birthday. The Sankalpa Dinam was observed at our school on 25th December 2012 at 7.00 am to commemorate the meditation of swamiji at Sri Pada Parai Kanyakumari. The participants took varied resolution and promised to follow this resolution throughout the year as a tribute to the great monk.
- For the well being of the society our teachers and principal recite Vishnu Sahasranamam on daily basis.
- Affiliation - 1930105 (Affiliation upto Senior Secondary School)
- School Code - 07010
- Student Strength - 3200
Level wise Strength